Return to Learning will be taking place on Friday 15th September at the Penryn Campus. This day is aimed at mature students (aged 24+) who are returning to Education and studying at either Falmouth or Exeter University (Penryn campus.).
The day is a mix of workshops, an opportunity to meet fellow students and have a chance to meet the services available at University.
Invites have been sent out - if you feel you are eligable for a place on the day and haven't recieved one, then please email firstname.lastname@example.org A second round of invites will be sent out shortly.
For the latest information about Return to Learning, campus maps, transport and travel, please take a look at our blog through the summer which will be continually updated: https://askacademicskillsreturntolearning2017.wordpress.com/
We will be running four sessions during the day (interspersed with a free lunch and plenty of breaks to get to know fellow students). There will be a choice of workshops or activities for each session - some of the options we hope to provide are:
- An introduction to IT systems at University
- Getting started in Higher Education (focus on study skills and getting organised)
- FXU - your student union, its clubs and societies
- Referencing - basics and beyond
- Wild Library - foraging as research
- Information and strategies for people with SpLDs (eg dyslexia)
- Adjusting to life at University (focus on wellbeing)
- Tour of the campus (Penryn)
Details of this year's sessions and an invitation to book preferred choices will be sent out to participants at the end of August.