- RELAX! Choose and practice a relaxation technique to use in the exam if you do begin to panic.
- Think about LOGISTICS. Check where the exam room is beforehand. If you will rely on public transport, have a back-up route planned.
- Be clear about RULES. Are there any regulations you will need to comply with? If you will use EQUIPMENT, check yours has been authorized.
The Night Before
- SLEEP! Go to bed on time so you can wake up fresh. Avoid screen time and stimulants like coffee or alcohol (these will make it hard to sleep). If you can’t fall to sleep, read a book (non-study related!), have a warm drink.
- Do a final REVIEW of important logistics, like exam time and location.
- Pack your BAG. If possible, leave valuables that you wont be able to keep with you at home. Make sure you have equipment you need and water.
- Avoid conversations likely to make you anxious.
The Morning of the Exam
- Set an ALARM! Use a mean one if you struggle to get up (this one gives you a task to do, like a maths quiz, or taking a photo of the barcode on your toothpaste before you can turn it off).
- EAT a normal breakfast.
- Try to ARRIVE with some buffer time, but avoid being too early and waiting in big crowds.
- If you have an afternoon exam, you can use the morning to REVISE, but try to keep it to a review so that you are not too tired. Make sure to EAT lunch.