Active reading involves reading a text critically and with purpose to make sure that you fully understand and engage with it. It helps you make connections with what you already know and forces you to think how the information is relevant to your needs. Below are resources to help you read actively:
- An explanation of useful reading strategies.
- Active reading - a visual 8-step guide.
- Active reading tips - one-page overview.
- Reading with a purpose - questions to help you read critically.
- The SQ3R reading strategy