What does DSA pay for?
DSA only covers costs that are directly linked to aspects of your condition which affect your ability to study. This might include:
- specialist equipment, for example a laptop/computer if you need one because of your disability*
- non-medical helpers (NMHs), such as specialist study skills tutors, mentors or assistive technology trainers
- extra travel costs because of your disability
- other disability-related costs of studying, such as extra printing and photocopying.
(* Students must pay a contribution of £200 towards the laptop, which is provided to run DSA-recommended software, rather than course-related software. You can choose to pay more to upgrade the laptop, if desired.)
Am I eligible?
To be eligible you must:
- be a UK resident
- be studying on an undergraduate or postgraduate course lasting at least a year
- be eligible for Student Finance
- have a disability, health condition (physical or mental), autistic spectrum condition or specific learning difference (such as dyslexia, dyspraxia or ADHD) which affects your ability to study.