E-books can be more accessible than print books. You can enlarge the text, change the colour and use text-to-speech to read out loud. The library provides thousands of e-books from several different platforms. Unfortunately each platform is different.
Read an e-book aloud using your computer
- This video shows you how to get your computer to read aloud a short section of an e-book
- To read out loud a downloaded e-book the download will need to be a PDF or EPUB file. Not all downloaded ebooks are in a format which can be read by text to speech software.
- On your PC ReadAloud can read out loud a PDF. Watch the video.
- Your Mac can read out loud a PDF. Watch the video.
- See the text-to-speech page for more options.
Recommend an e-book
If the library has a book in print that you would like as an e-book, you can ask for it using the Recommend a Book form. Unfortunately, not all titles are available for the library to purchase as e-books.