Our appointments are available to students studying at Falmouth University (on campus and online) and the University of Exeter (Cornwall campuses). Students based at other Exeter campuses are supported by the StudyZone.
ASK offer one-to-one advice on study skills and writing. We do not provide a proof reading service.
- Study skills - we offer advice and guidance on study skills challenges such as getting organized, time management, preparing for presentations, strategies for tackling reading, note-taking, working in groups and teams, referencing and research, revising for exams, tackling the first essay, reflective writing, planning a dissertation, strategies for drafting, structuring and revising academic writing, responding to feedback, etc.
- Academic writing - we also offer advice on student writing. We can offer either detailed reading of up to 500 words or a general overview of writing up to 2500 words. If you would like us to review your writing, we ask that you email us a draft before the appointment.
- Drop-in service - ASK advisors now offer 10-minute drop-in sessions if you need a quick chat about work or other study related issues. These are bookable on Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays.
Register for the ASK drop-in service
In addition to our 30-minute 1:1 appointments, we now offer 10-minute drop-in meetings online through MS Teams. This is an opportunity to ask last minute questions about wording and referencing.
Please only register for one appointment at a time.
Once you have signed up for your appointment, please think of some questions to cover within your 10-minute slot.
Requires either Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge web browser on a Mac or PC. The Safari web browser is NOT compatible with MS Teams.
- Simply follow the link to 'Join Teams meeting' in your booking confirmation email
- You need to allow your browser to access your Webcam and Microphone
- If you have not used your webcam or microphone in your browser before, you might have to update your system Privacy Settings
- Once in the meeting, the use of your webcam is optional