ASK offer one-to-one advice on study skills and writing. We do not provide a proof reading service.
- Study skills - we offer advice and guidance on study skills challenges such as getting organized, time management, preparing for presentations, strategies for tackling reading, note-taking, working in groups and teams, referencing and research, revising for exams, tackling the first essay, reflective writing, planning a dissertation, strategies for drafting, structuring and revising academic writing, responding to feedback, etc.
- Academic writing - we also offer advice on student writing. We can offer either detailed reading of up to 500 words or a general overview of writing up to 2500 words. If you would like us to review your writing, we ask that you email us a draft before the appointment.
- Drop-in service - ASK advisors now offer 10-minute drop-in sessions if you need a quick chat about work or other study related issues. These are bookable on Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays.
Register for the ASK drop-in service
In addition to our 30-minute 1:1 appointments, we now offer 10-minute drop-in meetings online through MS Teams. This is an opportunity to ask last minute questions about wording and referencing.
Please only register for one appointment at a time.
Once you have signed up for your appointment, please think of some questions to cover within your 10-minute slot.
Requires either Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge web browser on a Mac or PC. The Safari web browser is NOT compatible with MS Teams.
- Simply follow the link to 'Join Teams meeting' in your booking confirmation email
- You need to allow your browser to access your Webcam and Microphone
- If you have not used your webcam or microphone in your browser before, you might have to update your system Privacy Settings
- Once in the meeting, the use of your webcam is optional