Get the right style
- Check your course documents or ask a tutor.
- Check referencing styles for your course.
Find the right guides
- Make sure you get the right one for your course.
Learn to use the guides
- You can’t keep it all in your head.
- Don’t panic if you find it confusing or difficult – there is help
Apps and online tools are brilliant, but not perfect
- You are still responsible for checking your work.
- Our recommend: Resources
Save page numbers when you make notes from text
Insert references as you go when writing a draft
Allow plenty of time to get the details right