- What is your topic?
- Why are you interested in it?
- What is your essay title or research question? (break it down to the main keywords)
Brainstorm some words that come up for you around your topic/research area.
Watch these videos for some tips on how to get started
Clarifying your topic
- What is your time period?
- Who are the key authors involved?
- What are the key examples of work involved?
- How in depth/long is your research going to be?
- Keep coming back to your essay title or research question to remind you of what you are focusing on.
- Learn about reading strategies