- Check the length, format and date of all exams and what is going to be covered.
- Make a realistic revision timetable.
Keep your study active
- Write notes in your own words, make mind maps, use colour.
Try and reduce exam nerves
- Don’t cram the night before, try to relax and wind down.
- Try to avoid conversations with people who might wind you up.
Answering exam questions
- Read the paper all the way through and make sure you know how you will allocate your time.
- Highlight key words in questions.
- Leave yourself 10 minutes at the end for a final check through.
SynapCreate, practice and share Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) online for free with Synap
Penultimate (Evernote)Penultimate from Evernote - "a handwriting app for iPad that combines the natural experience of pen and paper with the flexibility and syncing of Evernote"
QuizletQuizlet makes simple learning tools that let you study anything. Start learning today with flashcards, games and learning tools — all for free.
Maths and Stats Support via ASKMaths and Stats support is available to University of Exeter students (Camborne School of Mines, Renewable Energy, Bioscience and Geography) studying on the Penryn Campus.
Exams and revision
Get exams right with effective revision and preparation