Transcript: How to reference a book using Falmouth University Harvard Style.
Brought to you by ASK Academic Skills.
The information you need for a book reference:
- who wrote it
- when it was published
- what the title is
- where it was published
- and who published it
The information goes in this order:
- the author's surname
- then their first name
- this is followed by the year of publication
- the title of the book
- the city where it was published
- and the publisher
To punctuate the reference:
- the author's surname in all capitals, followed by a comma
- their first name, followed by a full stop
- the year of publication, followed by a full stop
- the title in italics, followed by a full stop
- the city of publication, followed by a colon
- and finally, the publisher, followed by a full stop
The Guide to Harvard Referencing at Falmouth University provides further explanation and examples of how to reference books and other types of sources.
See the StudyHub to learn why and how to reference and cite correctly.
This video was brought to you by ASK Academic Skills.
If you have any questions about referencing or other study skills, please find us on StudyHub.