What are Chrome extensions?
Chrome extensions are small programs which let you add features to your browser. They are usually free but can have premium versions.
How do I install them?
- In Chrome, click the three dots in the top right corner.
- Click More tools/Extensions. Here you will see any extensions you already have (can be switched on or off here).
- Click the three lines in the top left.
- At the bottom, click Open Chrome Web Store.
- Search for the extension you want.
- Click it, then Add to Chrome.
- If you create and log into a Chrome account, you can sync your extensions across your devices.
A word of warning
Some extensions are malicious. They can track what you are doing and even steal your data, so do your research before installing them. Read How to Make Sure a Chrome Extension is Safe Before Installing It.
Some useful extensions
Reading and research
Evernote Web Clipper
Grammar and spelling
Changing the format
Concentration and planning
Noteboard Sticky Notes
Note Board - Sticky Notes - an online noticeboard with 'sticky notes' you can customise and rearrange. Good for planning.